- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Disclose or Share Your Information
- Customer Data
- Data Security: How We Protect Data We Hold
- International Transfer of Personal Data
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (EEA Only)
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- Choices for Your Personal Data
- EEA SPECIFIC RIGHTS
- Children Under the Age of 16
- California Privacy Rights
- Questions & Right to Access
This Policy details our commitment to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit our Site (“Visitors”) and entities or individuals who have subscribed to our Services and agreed to the Terms (“Customers”). This policy applies to information that is automatically collected via the Site or Services or that is affirmatively provided to us by Visitors or Customers.
- Third Parties. MMCYTECH is not responsible for the privacy policies or other practices employed by websites linked to, or from, our Site nor the information or content contained therein, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of any linked third party.
The Services are intended for use by enterprises. When we process Personal Data on behalf of a Customer, that Customer is the Data Controller of your personal information and MMCYTECH is a Data Processor under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). When you visit our Site or use our Services, and we collect information from you, including Personal Data, MMCYTECH shall be the Data Controller for the collected data under the GDPR.
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
MMCYTECH gathers a variety of information about our Site visitors, Customers, and End-Users, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site or Services and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us; automatically as you navigate through the site; or from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information That You Provide to Us
When you sign up to use the Services or when you request certain materials, you may be required to provide Personal Data. During these processes, we may ask you to provide your (i) contact information such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, IP address, or geographic location, as well as certain related information like your company name and website name; (ii) billing information, such as credit card number and billing address; (iii) name and e-mail address when you provide feedback from within the Services; and (iv) unique identifiers, such as username, account number or password.
Through your use of the Site or Services, we may also obtain Personal Data from records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; or details of transactions you carry out through our Site or Services.
Finally, we may also obtain information if you provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Automatically Collected Through Your Use of the Site or Services
As you navigate through and interact with our Site and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and pattern. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Site and Services and allows us to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, to store information about your preferences, and to recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
3. How We Use Your Information
MMCYTECH identifies the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your Personal Data will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by MMCYTECH. Unless you consent, or we are required by law, we will only use the Personal Data for the purposes for which it was collected. If MMCYTECH will be processing your Personal Data for another purpose later on, MMCYTECH will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your Personal Data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your Personal Data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes.
We may use aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We use information about you, including Personal Data, for a variety of purposes, including:
- To enable you to use our Site or Services;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- To provide customer service and support;
- To send you administrative messages about the Site or Services;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site or Services;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site and Services;
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Site and the Services, violations of the Terms, and other illegal activities;
- To share testimonials or reviews that you may have posted to the Site, Services, or MMCYTECH’s social media pages;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
4. How we Disclose or Share Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including payment processors, storage contractors, and analytics contractors;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MMCYTECH, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Customer Data
“Customer Data” means any and all data, information or material provided or submitted by Customers to MMCYTECH by any means, including Personal Data of Customer employees, contractors, and End-Users. We only process Customer Data as per our Customer’s instructions. For purposes of the GDPR and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection, we are the processor and not the controller of the Customer Data. Our European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland based customers are the “controllers” of that data and are responsible for compliance with the applicable data protection law. We work with our Customers to help them provide notice to their End-Users concerning the purpose for which Personal Data is processed by MMCYTECH.
As the controller, it is our Customers’ responsibility to inform End-Users about the processing, and, where required, obtain necessary consent or authorization for any Personal Data that is collected as part of the Customer Data. As the processors of Personal Data on behalf of our customers, we follow customer’s instructions with respect to the Customer Data to the extent consistent with the functionality of our Services. In doing so, we implement technical, physical and administrative measures against unauthorized processing of such information and against loss, destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data.
6. Data Security: How We Protect Data We Hold
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or TLS technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site and Services like company profile pages or message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to the Site or Services. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or Services.
7. International Transfer of Personal Data
8. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data (EEA Only)
With respect to Personal Data collected from individuals from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Our Company will normally collect Personal Data only where: (a) we have specific consent to do so, (b) where we need the Personal Data to fulfil a contract with a Visitor or Customer, or (c) where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time why we need to use your Personal Data. If we process Personal Data in reliance on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
9. EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
MMCYTECH supports both EU-US Privacy Shield Certification and Model Contractual Clauses for data transfer provided in the regulations pertaining to data transfers outside of the EEA.
MMCYTECH has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all-programs/bbb-eu-privacy-shield/PrivacyShieldPrinciples for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
10. Choices for Your Personal Data
You can review and change your personal information by visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete User Contributions from the Site or Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users.
MMCYTECH tolerates only permission-based email. In addition, users always have the opportunity to opt– out or change preferences via a link in the footer of all non–transactional email messages. These options are made available in email messages delivered from our company. Some communications, however, are considered transactional and are necessary for all MMCYTECH customers (e.g. important account notifications and billing information). You must cancel your MMCYTECH account to unsubscribe from transactional communications.
MMCYTECH does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect data about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Services.
11. EEA SPECIFIC RIGHTS
If you are an individual resident in EEA, you have the following data protection rights regarding Personal Data:
- You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. You can do so at any time by contacting us.
- You have the right to object to processing of your Personal Data, to ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data, or to request portability of your Personal Data. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us.
- You have that right to revoke consent that was previously given. If we have collected and process your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our support team or contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you seek access to, or wish to correct, update, modify or delete Personal Data which is part of the Customer Data and processed by us on behalf of our Customer, you should direct your query to our Customer i.e., the controller. If you are a Customer and wish to raise a request on behalf of your end users in connection with Customer Data, please contact us.
13. Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site and Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Site or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or register on the Site or Services, make any purchases, use any of the interactive or public comment features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address listed below.
14. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the email address listed below.
Our site, products, and services are not intended to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to the email address listed below.
Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing Personal Data about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
15. Questions & Right to Access
MMCYTECH acknowledges the individual’s right to access their personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his query to the address below. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
For US Citizens: firstname.lastname@example.org
For EEA or Swiss Citizens: email@example.com
ATTN: Data Privacy
Kasanchis, next to Jupiter Hotel
Bloomtek Building, 11th floor
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia